Great Place to Work is a framework that gives every employee an opportunity to contribute towards a culture that truly does make Avon a great place to work. The framework comprises five key areas: Recognition, Communication, Wellbeing, Community and Training and Development.
- Motivate our employees through appropriate recognition and reward programmes.
- Recognise loyal employees.
- Celebrate the achievements of staff and teams.
What we do
- Employees can nominate colleagues whom they believe embody CREED values.
- Monthly recognition awards from the Group
- Quarterly and annual winners selected from those nominated.
- Long service awards are a way for us to demonstrate our appreciation to those that have reached significant milestones.
- Site level activities.
- Our 2018 annual site winners were announced in September (pictured).
- In total we have celebrated 90 members of staff who have achieved a long service milestone
- Melksham celebrated the huge achievement of shipping the first MCM100 order with a BBQ.
- Belcamp employee picnic.
- Employee engagement is important to us and effective communication throughout the business is vital in achieving this.
- We listen to employees and strive for continuing improvement and we encourage employees to provide feedback to the business.
What we do
- Strategy, performance and business priorities is communicated via our intranet sites, email, quarterly newsletters and regular employee meetings at all levels of the organisation.
- Face to face feedback and discussion boards on our intranet.
- Employee opinion survey aids anonymous feedback to management.
- A CEO Roadshow take place each year where the CEO and CFO visit each site to present the progress we have made against the strategy and the results of the employee opinion survey.
- This year’s employee opinion survey response rate achieved the 70% goal set for 2018.
- We have introduced changes such as charitable giving and improved bonus scheme in response to the 2017 EOS results.
- Offer healthy lifestyle and financial support as a way of safeguarding the health and wellbeing of employees
What we do
- Global wellness challenges for all employees.
- Support employees to get active outside of working hours by providing changing room facilities and gym discounts
- All UK employees are entitled to the Share Incentive Plan whilst US employees can join the Employee Stock Purchase plan.
- 2018 Global wellness challenges included healthy food options in the canteen, free fruit and health quizzes.
- A group of HPW employees have been attending weekly circuit training sessions run by staff members (pictured).
- The launch of Medicash at UK sites which helps employees pay for everyday healthcare bills
- Weekly wellness tips on our intranet.
- We aim to work with and for the communities in which we operate, recognising our role as a major employer.
- We seek to contribute to our local economic, social and environmental sustainability.
- Support our employees, their friends, families and charitable organisations.
- We recognise and support our employees that are serving and those from service families.
What we do
- During the year, our charitable giving policy was released enabling the Group to support via three different methods: match funding, grant support and one off donations.
- Opportunities for employees to establish relationships with each other outside of their day to day job.
- Our #thinkSTEM campaign is committed to addressing the issue of skills shortage in science, technology, engineering and maths careers.
- This year we have had 54 requests for funding and donated £39,000 across our sites to charities between September 2017 and September 2018.
- Creating a community at work through cake bakes, food bank donations and charity runs.
- Our #thinkSTEM ambassadors attended several local events.
- A #thinkSTEM event was held at HPW and hosted 30 girls from local schools.
- Cadillac employees raised £8,172 for United Way which was match funded by Avon.
- We want to attract, retain and develop talented individuals to safeguard our business.
- We strive to provide an environment that offers the right training and development by providing a combination of formal training opportunities and on the job experiences.
What we do
- Global Leadership Programme for individuals identified as having the potential to be future leaders.
- Our Global Professional Development Programme provides a launch platform for career development
- Employees can apply for training grants for qualifications they wish to work towards.
- Placement students within our US and UK engineering teams help us tackle real-world engineering problems
- Graduate recruitment scheme which is based on a two year ‘work and learn’ programme.
- The Global Professional Development Programme was held in March
- Albinea’s team leaders had the opportunity to take part in a team building experience (pictured)
- A number of placement students have taken up full-time employment with the Group.
- The Graduate scheme is now in its fourth year and two new graduates started in September.
- A range of training courses have taken place across the sites including Level 3 Leadership, Excel, Word and Train the Trainer.